[mythtv-users] Nividia Xvmc and DVB-T (UK)

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:03:17 UTC 2007

> In my quest for decent MPEG2 playback without the need for some humungous
> processor I'm trying out XvMC on my NVIDIA FX5200.
> Then as soon as Dr.Who started the sound s   t   a  r  t  e  d stu   tter
> ing and the video ground to a halt. Same all the way thru the show.

Does exactly the same sound stuttering on my setup and unfortunately
no one replied with any help when I posted about it a few times over
the past few months - I do not know if anything has changed.  It
mainly does it on any programme off a BBC channel.  Something is not
right but whether its a driver, broadcast or Myth problem I have no
idea.

Out of interest if you leave LiveTV (or record something from) ABC1
(and to some extent Five / QVC channels on the same multiplex) does it
crash MythTVBackend/Frontend within 1 hour (usually much quicker)?  On
my setup its completely reproducible so at the moment I am not able to
use MythTV as not being able to record reliabily makes the system next
to useless.  I am hoping this will get fixed somehow.