[mythtv-users] Can the backend do this.....

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:10:44 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Billy Macdonald <billymacdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/07, jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Say that I have a lan connected device that I can send a command to
> > via the web and it
> > will instruct the device to record something....
> >
> > Is there any way to ( trick if needed ) have the backend scheduler send the
> > record command to my device? Instead of the backend scheduler telling my
> > hdtv card to tune to a channel and start recording... I'd like to be
> > able to send
> > my lan attached device the command.
> >
> > Thank  - jack
>
> I'm confused.  Are you asking if a Myth can tell a Tivo to start
> recording or something like that?

Something like that... it's not a tivo.. it's a dedicated, digital,
vcr. I have a couple of them
on my network. It can be activated via a command sent from my mythtv
box. Instead of
manually running the command... I'm trying to find out if there is a
way to automate the
process via the myth scheduler.

jack