[mythtv-users] Adding slave backend

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 01:47:37 UTC 2007

So i want to add a slave backend with a pvr-150 card.  I cant seem to figure
it out.  right now i can see the card in mythweb but its says currently not
connected.

here are the step i have done so far.

1. installed mythtv-suite .21-bleeding via atrpms
2. installed ivtv
3. tested card [OK]
4. edited /root/.mythtv/mysql.txt and /home/myth/.mythtv/mysql.txt and
changed the dbhostname: to the master backend IP address.
5. set IP addresses in mythtv-setup accordingly.
6. added capture card on the slave.
7. started the backend on the slave.  It connects to the db just fine.

I do have other remote frontends working as i type this.

What am i missing? Why am I seeing the "Currently not connected" error?

Thanks,
Mitchell