[mythtv-users] archiving broadcast

norman norman at littletank.org
Fri Jul 13 09:26:07 UTC 2007

> On Jul 12, 2007, at 1:19 PM, norman wrote:
>
> > Having watched a broadcast I decided that I would like to keep it,
> > edit
> > it and, maybe, burn it to DVD. After a lot of playing around I managed
> > to archive it after a fashion and burn it but I could not see how to
> > edit it. Could someone please guide me on how best to achieve that
> > which
> > I am trying to do?
> >
> > Norman
>
> Edit:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Removing_Commercials
>
> then Archive:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/
> User_Manual:Daily_Use#Archiving_Recordings

Thanks for replying but I don't think this answers my question. Perhaps
I did not explain myself very well so I will try again. I have no
problem in handling broadcasts which I have deliberately recorded, it is
with those that are recorded any way.

Imagine you are siting there, relaxing and just watching some programme
or other when you are surprised by something unexpected appearing which
you find very interesting indeed. You want to access and save this
programme for further study and, maybe, show it to others by making a
DVD. What is the best way to do this?

Norman