[mythtv-users] archiving broadcast

GARETH GLACCUM gareth.glaccum at btopenworld.com
Fri Jul 13 10:02:42 UTC 2007

I think I know what you mean. At the weekend I was watching sunday breakfast on BBC2. They had a recipe for Baked Alaska, 10 minutes out of a 3 hour show. What I thought to do was:
  1) Press R, this keeps the recording.
  2) Play the recording, press E for edit mode when the baked alaska starts.
  3) Press <Space> and select delete all before this point.
  4) Either watch, or use the up down left right to move to the end
  5) Press <Space> and select delete after this point
  6) Escape out and go to the archive select page. Select the item
  7) Move to the archive to dvd section, select the item, and ensure that use cut-points is selected. This forces a transcode I believe to remove the unwanted bits.
  8) Burn... the 10 minutes I selected is all that will go to the DVD

  Now, what would be nice is some way to just keep the 10 minutes I wanted on hard disk rather than the whole 3 hour show on disk, but I haven't played around with that yet.
  Hope this helps.
  Gareth