[mythtv-users] Some Mythbuntu Help?

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 23:12:24 UTC 2007

On 7/13/07, Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll chip in and say... my system is a standard Ubuntu Fiesty. I initially
> set it up as a Frontend+Backend using the
> standard Ubuntu packages. Then loaded the mythbuntu fixes packages.
> Now I'm running a bit of a wierd hybrid with a libmythtv I've compiled
> myself which includes my new DVB-T hacks.
>
> Cheers

Steve,

I'm with you, I have four systems all configured with Feisty desktop - after
which, the only extra step required was to tell synaptic to load the mythtv
packages.

(Later, I decided to compile my own from the latest SVN.)

But the basic install is so simple, I don't understand the need for
Mythbuntu.

Along the way, I tried both KnoppMyth and MythDora.  Both failed to install
properly first try.  And both restricted my ability to expand/enhance once I
got things up and running.  I felt like my hands were tied - kinda like when
I signed up with AOL after being exposed to the real Internet.  8^)

Tom