[mythtv-users] USB Audio 5.1

Willy Boyd willyboyd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 23:46:34 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, the bcpino <bcpino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi people!
>
> I am using my laptop box as Frontend which only has 2-channel audio... do
> you know a USB device that is sold in USA, and has either 5.1 audio?? It
> might also have digital out (optical preferred) since I have a receiver next
> to t)he TV.
>
> Of course, it must be Linux-compatible... it's Linux, it's MythTV !!
>

> The BCPino

I've been using a Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro for over a year
with no problems.  It's USB, very small (about 1.5 inches long), and
has an optical output.  It uses the ALSA usb driver that was already
part of my kernel (Fedora 6).  It support digital passthrough (spdif),
which is what you want.  I picked it up at CompUSA for about $30.