[mythtv-users] Using 3DFX voodoo3 card with mythtv?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sun Jul 15 16:09:39 UTC 2007

I decided to throw together a cheap box to use only as a front-end, connected to a SDTV.   I cobbled together some parts that I had lying around, and was able to purchase a very old 3DFX voodoo3 graphics card locally for $5.    I was wondering if someone could help  me get this thing's svideo output to work?  I already have everything else working; connected to a SVGA monitor, it works great as a front-end-only system, but I'd like to connect the box to a TV set.  I probably need additions to the xorg.conf file.

I just got the graphics card by itself; it has no identifying markings (other than "3DFX" on the back) and the 'lspci -vv' command just says "3dfx voodoo3".  But it looks exactly like the one in the picture on this page: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/3dfx_Voodoo_3.  So I am pretty certain this is a voodoo3 3000.  I am using Fedora 7, if that also helps.

-Marc Barrett