[mythtv-users] Best IR usb Tx & Rx

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Jul 16 19:07:43 UTC 2007

At 9:36 AM +0100 7/16/07, Steve Smith wrote:
>I use a USB-UIRT. This CAN offload all work to the device itself,
>unfortuately the drivers for the Linux version don't do this,
>nethertheless it
>still works pretty well!

I beg to differ with you on this part. While the software doesn't
take full advantage of the device's ability to store and playback the
IR codes internally, it does take advantage of the USB-UIRT's ability
to reliably generate the signal without being affected by what's
going on on the host computer. The data is sent by LIRC in a "raw"
mode that describes the characteristics of the code to generate, much
as the lircd.conf file does.