[mythtv-users] OT: Stream Music around the house

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Jul 17 02:57:01 UTC 2007

On Jul 16, 2007, at 10:52 PM, Chris Ribe wrote:

> I'll second this, without the regret.   I've never had a
> squeezebox,  but I did give slimserver/softsqueeze a shot at being
> my home audio system and found it lacking.  I'm a big fan of iTunes
> to begin with, but I would find the iTunes/Airtunes playback model
> superior regardless.   Given that I have a laptop that is always
> close at hand, I would rather use it  than a two line display and
> small remote as the interface to my music collection.

I'm in the same boat. I opted for an all Apple-based wireless network
because it's easy to set up and just works. I've now got 3 Airport
Expresses in my house and the one base station in the basement. I can
stream music to my livingroom, my son's room and my daughter's room
at the click of the mouse. I can also just unplug one and move it
wherever I want music. It's great for parties when there's something
playing on the big stereo in the livingroom and someone walks into
the kitchen with the same thing playing on smaller speakers, and then
goes outside and keeps on hearing the same song. :)

I also use MythMusic for when I want music with Goom or want to
access a track remotely via MythWeb.