[mythtv-users] EVGA 6200 LE

John Baab john.baab at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 06:12:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions here.  I have an AGP EVGA 6200
LE card, hooked up to my SD television using s-video out.  Whenever color
appears on the screen (whether it is in mythtv, ubuntu, the bios) I see
vertical lines in it maybe 1/4 inch apart all the way across the screen.  I
have tried a 2nd card with the same results.  I have tried both cards in a
different computer with the same results.  I also tried forcing the computer
to run at AGP 4x in the bios, this didn't help either.

Now this is where it gets interesting, if I throw my old AGP ATI 9600 Pro
card in there, no lines.  The EVGA card was supposed to be a replacement for
the ATI card so I can use XvMC, also forced by the fact that there is a bug
in the ATI drivers where Xv displays with the incorrect height.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

-Thanks