[mythtv-users] DVB-T Can't play existing Channel 5 recordings after SVN update

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:32:03 UTC 2007

I'm running Fedora 6, using DVB-T in the UK.

I suspect I don't really know enough to safely use SVN but when I
built by last system I gave it a try because I wanted to use Storage
Groups.  So I downloaded trunk (is that the same as 'head' by the
way?) which was at 13305 and everything appeared fine.   However it
turned out that CD ripping wasn't working well so last night up
upgraded to 13968.

By the time I'd finished compiling and installing it was too late to
do much testing, but I did notice that I couldn't play any of my
recent Channel 5 recordings (made prior to the upgrade).  I get the
standard 10s of black followed by a return to the menu.  Recordings of
other channels played fine.

I didn't even have time to look at the log but I wondered anyone else
has seen this and how far I might need to roll back to fix it?

I've been following the dev and commit lists for a few weeks and
didn't notice anything there, and I've searched the archives and found
quite a few Channel 5 problems but they seem to relate to recording
problems rather that playback (I haven't tried to record yet, or
LiveTV).