[mythtv-users] pcHDTV-3000 issues

Chris Cox, N0UK chrisc at BritishCarAndDriver.Com
Tue Jul 17 13:43:27 UTC 2007

For some time now I have been plagued with a sporadic recording problem.
This seemed to start around the time that the pcHDTV 3000 card gained dual
ATSC & NTSC automatic switching support  in myth.

I am running FC6 with the rpm-based release of myth version
mythtv-0.20.1-158.fc6 and kernel version kernel-2.6.20-1.2962.fc6.

The problem is that after recording one or two programs (I haven't
monitored intently enough to tell which) subsequent scheduled programs
fail to record successfully.  Looking at the myth backend log I see the
normal "Started recording" and "Finishd recording" messages, however, the
recorded files are blank.  Rebooting the box will then allow one or two
more shows to record successfully before the blank recording problem
recurs.

All of my shows are recording in ATSC rather than NTSC and this backend
ued to perform flawlessly again until around the time that the dual mode
support for the card was introduced.

I have not tried unloading and then reloading the cards driver yet to see
if that also cures the issue temporarily so I recognise that I have more
troubleshooting to do, but I thought I'd enquire of the group if this is a
known problem.  I have been watching for some time and don't recall seing
these symptoms described.

Chris

--
73  Chris Cox, N0UK  email: chrisc at chris.org or chrisc at BritishCarAndDriver.Com