[mythtv-users] monit on ubuntu not working...

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 14:47:09 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, Andrew Williams <lists at nikdoof.net> wrote:

> disappointing, but at least I'm not alone. I'll assume ubuntu's
> > package of monit is messed up.
>

> The default cycle time for Monit is 120 seconds, so it'll take a while
> before monit notices, i've reduced my cycle down to 20 seconds. Check your
> syslog to see if its actually picking up that the process has died.

The cycle time is not the problem.  This used to work.  Monit no longer
seems to notice that the mythbackend has died.

I have not had any time to troubleshoot.   I just keep restarting backends
when I find one that is not running.

Has anyone checked to see whether myth has modified its response to the port
that monit is testing?

Any help is appreciated.

Tom