[mythtv-users] OT: Stream Music around the house

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Tue Jul 17 16:54:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Chris Ribe wrote:

> would be okay with 3m waves,  the obvious reason not to choose the FM
> transmitter approach is the sound quality.

As opposed to MP3 being lossless ?

When I want the audiofile experience I sit between my original Advent
speakers and 18" subwoofer and listen to uncompressed CDs or records.

When working in the shop, mowing the lawn, cooking dinner, etc, the loss
isn't going to be noticable over the ambiant noise, crapping acousics,
sub-optimal speaker, etc.