[mythtv-users] How do I choose which input livetv starts with?

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 18:01:49 UTC 2007

On 7/16/07, W.Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> I currently have two inputs to my system: a DVB card and a digitizer
> (shares the foxtel video output with the main TV system).
>
> When entering liveTV, it starts with the foxtel video.  This  causes it
> to change channel on the foxtel STB and generally interrupt the viewers
> using the direct feed when I only want to watch the DVB channels.
>
> How can I change liveTV to default to the DVB feed on initial entry?
>
> Billk

I don't know the answer to your question but it does seem like you're
setting yourself up for another problem.  I'm not sure how long you've
had your mythtv setup, but I would imagine the following events will
happen eventually.

MythTV starts a scheduled recording on the Foxtel.
A user sits down to watch TV and changes the channel on the Foxtel.
Latter, someone goes to watch the recording and midway through the
channel changes.

That could be frustrating.

Personally I've been wanting to hook up my Cable STB to Myth, but I
want to be able to watch the HDTV encrypted content still and I don't
want to pay for another cable box.  But I'm afraid of the above
scenario happening.

Billy