[mythtv-users] A prediction is coming true, faster than I thought

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Jul 17 20:28:34 UTC 2007

On Jul 17, 2007, at 1:15 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> Have you ever heard of someone driving to a record store instead of
> DLing a song because they were worried about being sued by the RIAA? I
> haven't.

It took the RIAA a long time to figure out that a lot of people were
pirating music because it was convenient, not because it was cheap.
I haven't felt the urge download MP3s off any of the file sharing
networks since iTunes came on the scene.  It's not worth the trouble
of trying to track down a decent illegal copy when I can buy a
legitimate one for $0.99 with a few mouse clicks.