[mythtv-users] ACPI wakeup reset

Glenn Harris gharris+list+mythtv at eklo.com
Tue Jul 17 22:00:26 UTC 2007

On 7/16/07, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:
> Ok...I'm getting closer.  My testing was as root, so now I'm testing as
> mythtv user.  My mythtv setup has this as the shutdown script:
> sudo sh -c 'echo $time > /proc/acpi/alarm'
>
> However, when I try (logged in as mythtv) to run the above (with a real date
> time)I get:
> bash: /proc/acpi/alarm: Permission denied
>
> So...I checked my /etc/sudoers and I see these two lines (which should allow
> the mythtv user to access acpi/alarm):
> Cmnd_Alias MYTHDORA
> /usr/share/mythdora/dorabackup,/usr/share/mythdora/mythdorasetup.pl,/sbin/se
> rvice,/bin/mount,/bin/chmod,/bin/umount,/sbin/chkconfig,/usr/share/mythdora/
> killbackend.sh,/usr/bin/k9copy,/usr/bin/wlassistant,/proc/acpi/alarm
> ALL ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: MYTHDORA
>
> Why would I still get a password prompt when mythtv user is trying to write
> to /proc/acpi/alarm ?
>
> Thanks,
> MD

If memory serves, I had to put the echo into a script, add that script
and /bin/echo to the sudoers file.  The script should be called using
sudo, and the script should call echo using sudo.

> As well, the original wakeup time  had stars in it ("-**-12") but I can't find what they mean.  Anyone?

Again, if memory serves, mine always has stars if I look at /proc or
the bios.  It always wakes up at the right time though.

If you don't get a more definitive answer or solution, I will post
mine when I get home (late tonight).

--Glenn