[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase failure (UK)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:59:48 UTC 2007

On 17/07/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> My mfdb failed last night, or possibly not - the whole machine was
> hanging this morning, unresponsive.
>
> On rebooting, I tried running mfdb manually, to get the reply:
>
> "could not fetch http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat, error:
> 500 Can't connect to xmltv.radiotimes.com:80 (connect: Connection
> refused), aborting"

I would recommend not running the uk_rt grabber in the early hours of
the morning as this is when the site is updated and files regularly go
offline. I run the grabber at about 6am and have great success with
this.

If you do see errors with the RT site from time to time, do not panic
as every time in the past this has happened - there was an issue
lasting several days that worried a lot of us a while back - the site
has been restored to full working order quickly. Thanks RT!

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/