[mythtv-users] Listings incorrect in MythWeb

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 02:46:04 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:

> Mitch Gore wrote:
> > When i view the from the frontend i can see all my channels but when
> > I go to MythWeb Channel listings I dont see a few channels in the
> > firewire channels.  How can this be?  I have checked the DB using
> > MyPhpAdmin and they channels exist.  Why cant i see them on MythWeb?
>
> Do they have the same callsign?  If they have the same callsign, they're
> the same "channel", and MythWeb only shows one.  I need to tweak this a
> little (and will for .21) to account for callsign+channum, but it'll
> still group things together if they have the same callsign and channum
> (which is how the backend does it).

Chris,
  Would there be a way to create a truly unique ID, like
input+callsign+channum?  The reason I'm asking is, I have a friend that has
several media center PCs doing different things, and I've sold him on Myth.
He doesn't have an HDTV, but he has an HD card recording OTA HD programs for
him to watch on his PC.  But, he also records the same program in SD over
cable.  So, two recordings of the same show, on the same callsign/channel.
He's currently doing this on two different PCs, but he wants to move to one
serious big Myth backend.

TDawg