[mythtv-users] A prediction is coming true, faster than I thought

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Wed Jul 18 14:17:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 12:21:08PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
> Allan Stirling wrote:
> > So isn't she in fact $22k worse off than if the case never
> > took place?
>
> Maybe, maybe not. What was actually billed, and what was claimed, and
> what was actually paid are probably very different things.
>
> That was the gist of what the judge said, in effect, "billable",and
> "actually paid out-of-pocket" are different.

Not only that, but.

(I've been following this case, along with many other similar
cases, more-or-less since the beginning.)

When Foster won her case and asked for attorney's fees, the RIAA
tried to argue that she was asking for too much. So Foster asked
what the RIAA was paying for their lawyers. RIAA didn't want to
say, but the court compelled them.

The 100K that Foster asked for is based on the hourly fees of
the RIAA lawyers times the hours billed by Foster's lawyers.

I believe the apropos phrase here is "hoist by their own
petard".

-dsr-

--