[mythtv-users] mythtv-vid

Peter Hartmann ascensiontech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 14:39:52 UTC 2007

I already made a similar post (with no response) to the dev list
because mythtv-vid is only available form svn.  So hopefully my 'user
post' wasn't an annoyance.  here's to hoping that i'm not the only one
trying to figure this out!  :) I successfully compiled mythtv-vid with
QTE and directfb. The mythtv Ui is fine but the video always wants to
play on the other head.  If I set primary-2 the UI is on 2 but video
appears on my monitor (1) and vice versa. Also the video is REALLY
slow and choppy (like one frame per 10 seconds).  setting
fbdev=/dev/fb1 ends up on the tv but i must not have the right mode.
Little help?  I have a matrox g450.

I compiled mythtv-vid with:
  ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-directfb --disable-x11 --disable-xv

and QTE 3.3.7 with:

./configure -qt-gfx-matrox -depths 8,16,24,32 -prefix /usr/lib/qt-3.3
-thread -qt-sql-mysql -platform  qws/linux-x86-g++
-I/usr/include/mysql

I have the directfb -1.0.0-14.fc5.at rpm, lib  and devel packages.

Thanks,
Peter

PS here's my directffbrc

system=fbdev
debug
no-banner
matrox-crtc2
#matrox-tv-standard=pal
matrox-tv-standard=ntsc
matrox-cable-type=composite
primary-layer=2
videoram-limit=16384
depth=32
#mode=720x480
pixelformat=YV12
hardware
mmx
fbdev=/dev/fb0
log-file=/var/log/directfb.log

I also get these with mythfrontend ...

  DirectFBSetOption: DirectFBSetOption has to be called before DirectFBCreate!

  DirectFB, Warning: Failed to test config
                       FB Error: Not supported!