[mythtv-users] OT: Persistent DVB node

Razza ray at brambletree.net
Wed Jul 18 18:28:24 UTC 2007

Razza wrote on 15 July 2007 15:26:
> Fantastic, Nick you are a genius! The symlink concept works on the DVB-
> T card!
>
> Just a couple of questions (read favours)....
> 1. Can anyone provide an appropriate shell script to achieve this?
> 2. Why can I only set up 7 dvb cards in Myth? (maybe 8 as I think the
> counting starts from 0) as this will only allow for 4 sources using
> this
> method
> 3. Is there any way to increase the number of DVB cards Myth will
> accept?

Not seen a definitive response on why you can only set 8 cards (0 to 7) in
myth? and more importantly if you can increase this number!

Anyway, just in case anyone else (read newbie like me) is interested, I have
written a little shell script that delivers against Nick's idea, it gets run
from rc.local on my backend.

I think it's pretty clear whats going on, "0000:01:06.0" and "0000:01:08.0"
effectively translate to different pci slots/addresses, which I ascertained
from running "udevinfo -a -p $(udevinfo -q path -n
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)".

#!/bin/bash
if [ -d /dev/dvb/adapter0 ]; then
    raz=$(udevinfo -a -p $(udevinfo -q path -n /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)
| grep 0000:01:06.0 -c)
    if [ "$raz" = "2" ]; then
         ln -s /dev/dvb/adapter0 /dev/dvb/adapter2
    fi
fi
if [ -d /dev/dvb/adapter1 ]; then
    raz=$(udevinfo -a -p $(udevinfo -q path -n /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0)
| grep 0000:01:08.0 -c)
    if [ "$raz" = "2" ]; then
         ln -s /dev/dvb/adapter1 /dev/dvb/adapter3
    fi
fi