[mythtv-users] eit / epg grabber for dvb-t

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:02:51 UTC 2007

> I can watch TV fine, but no EPG.  Running mythfilldatabase by hand
> says it's skipping over because it's using broadcast only data.
>
> I don't see anything in the front or backend logs that indicates a problem.
>
> Pointers?
>
> The setup was working wonderfully before, but due to moving house I
> had to re-scan.  This didn't seem to work very well until I dropped
> mythconverg, created it, rather mythfrontend (which re-created the db
> schema), then mythtv-setup.  Like I say, it is all working except the
> EPG/EIT data.  I'm stumped.

It's possible to disable the EIT in the backend setup (though I think
it's enabled by default).

Sometimes it can be several minutes for the data to appear.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to run mythfilldatabase when you use
EIT data - at least not for the EIT data to appear, it may need to be
run as a housekeeping task to clear out old guide data (although that
requirement is being/has been removed - not quite sure of the status)