[mythtv-users] OT: How can I tell what process is writing to my hard drive?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 19 13:17:53 UTC 2007

Recently my myth backend system started to have continuous low level
hard drive activity 24 hours a day. Basically a continuous flicker, not
solid on. This is not normal for this system and I want to track down
who is doing all the I/O and hopefully even what file(s). Do any of the
experts here know how to troubleshoot this kind of a problem. Is there a
command that allows monitoring of drive activity like top does for
system activity?

System is FC6 based on MythDora but heavily customized. Myth SVN and
system are pretty much up to date.

TIA,
Bill