[mythtv-users] Sound Clipping

Jake Thompson jake-lists at jakethompson.com
Thu Jul 19 14:24:34 UTC 2007

Ok,
So I have been living with this problem for a while.  While watching HD
content and recording either an HD stream or a SD stream(KWorld ATSC-110 and
PVR-150), the sound of what I am watching will clip out for 1-3 seconds at a
time.  I am sure this may be the case of a slightly underpowered box, but I
would think it could handle it.  There is no associated video clipping.

I have a AMD 2.4 939 Dual Core x86_64 processor
4 G of memory
2 ATA Drives in a RAID 0.

I am using SPID/F pass through audio.  I have tried the onboard audo
controller and an external USB controller and both of the have the same
symptoms.

Any thoughts on what I could tweak to clear this up, I  have tried real time
priority and aggressive buffering.

Thanks,
Jake