[mythtv-users] ATSC channel scan broken in mythtvsetup?

Gregg 3gemail at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:45:08 UTC 2007

I scanned for OTA HDTV channels in mythtvsetup and it picks up all the
channels, but If I go to watch them after mythfilldatabase I get the
"no channel lock press ok" error.  I discovered that if I manually
create the channel and add the frequency id to the second page in the
creation process it works. I tried to add the frequency id to an
existing channel through the web interface, but that did not work.
Is the channel scanning broken in mythtvsetup?
Is there a way to add the appropriate data to the channel table
through an update statement without having to recreate the channels
manually?

-Gregg