[mythtv-users] Remote works in menu's, but not Live TV

Ben Foote ben.foote at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 00:43:25 UTC 2007

Hello all,

First, I want to say that I love MythTV. Its a godsend as far as software
goes, but now onto my question...

I recently changed out my Ubuntu based MythTV setup for a straight
installation of the newest KnoppMyth. I wanted the extra functionality that
KnoppMyth has built in that I would have had to manually add to Ubuntu.
Note, my hardware was all working fine as an Ubuntu MythTV system, so no
need to ask me about that.

My KnoppMyth install is all setup and working great except for one thing. My
remote doesn't work during Live TV. I can use it in the menu's, while
watching recordings, and everything else, but when I play LiveTV, my remote
doesn't do anything, and I'm forced to use the keyboard.

Now, I've been using MythTV for a fairly long time and know the in's and
out's of the lircd.conf and lircrc files, so I am coming up at a loss to
explain why the remote just doesn't work during LiveTV.

I've scoured the KnoppMyth forums, and the internet as a whole, and can't
find anything to help me get to the bottom of this. I've checked all the
mythbackend and mythfrontend logs, time and time again, with no luck. By all
rights, the remote should continue to work fine during Live TV playback.
After all,  its the same thing as a recording, right?

Anyways, my hardware specs are:
 - Via Mini-ITX (Esther 1.5ghz) on a Jetway Mobo
 - Hauppauge PVR-150
 - Homebrew IR receiver
 - Insignia remote(from an old TV I had)

Now, let me reiterate, this hardware setup has worked fine in the past. No
issues at all. So does anyone have ANY idea's as to why I can't do anything
with the remote during Live TV playback?

Thankyou in advance everyone for your time.
Your friend in time,
-Ben