[mythtv-users] Remote works in menu's, but not Live TV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jul 20 02:01:47 UTC 2007

On Jul 19, 2007, at 8:43 PM, Ben Foote wrote:

> My KnoppMyth install is all setup and working great except for one
> thing. My remote doesn't work during Live TV. I can use it in the
> menu's, while watching recordings, and everything else, but when I
> play LiveTV, my remote doesn't do anything, and I'm forced to use
> the keyboard.

It sounds like a focus issue. Either that or your LiveTV keybindings
are hosed, but I believe that would also kill your keyboard commands
so likely a focus issue. What window manager are you using?

Also, to make double sure, while you're watching Live TV, run irw in
a terminal window somewhere and make sure lirc is recognizing the key
presses on the remote.