[mythtv-users] Mplayer settings in MythStream

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 06:34:31 UTC 2007

I've noticed that my streams in MythStream from the ABC Australia
video news web site have very "patchy" sound - by which I mean the
sound is continuously punctuated by staccato type pauses. So I tried
playing the same stream with mplayer from the command line and it
worked fine. And on top of that it displayed in a 16:9 format rather
than the 4:3 in MythStream.

Are there some settings I could change in MythStream to get it to play
these video files as well as mplayer does from the command line? I
know there is a mplayer settings file of some sort
(/usr/share/mythtv/mythstream/player.xml, I think it's called) in
MythStream but I've never understood it and don't know what type of
configuration is possible.

BTW - the stream I was playing was
mms://media3.abc.net.au/winlibrary/news/200707/20070721-opener-am2_16_9_bband.wmv

Regards,
Phill