[mythtv-users] EPIA AC3/DTS Passthrough looses sync

James Telfer jameswtelfer at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 21 11:42:07 UTC 2007

Hi, I've managed to configure my EPIA board to output AC3 and DTS sound via
the SPDIF connector, but all is not well.  The receiver keeps losing sync,
in that it keeps dropping the signal (and hence the audio), then picking it
back up again.

This does not appear to be a mythtv problem, as it is also present when
using mplayer: "mplayer -ao alsa -ac hwac3 dvd://"

Any help and suggestions as to why it is doing this, and how to fix it would
be very grateful!

Many thanks