[mythtv-users] Caller ID onscreen during movies

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 23 11:16:15 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 07:46 -0300, Greg Estabrooks wrote:
> > From what I've read, Mythtvosd only shows the CID info during video playback
> > (not in menus) - is this right?
>

>  Yes, myth only listens for OSD events when video is being played by the Internal player. When displaying the regular menus or if you use an external app
> for video playback they wont work.

To solve this, i use gnome's notify 'bubble' with this script:
http://rory.netsoc.ucd.ie/linux/notify-more/

This is integrated in a similar way to mythtvosd (AGI wise), except I
use it via SSH (to execute on the frontend).

If you 'just' need OSD during playback, adding the frontend as an
extension via mythphone will show caller-id display without the need for
AGI hacking.

There is also some useful information here:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+MythTV+integration

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker