[mythtv-users] OT: Ubuntu Slow Upgrade Procedure

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Tue Jul 24 01:09:24 UTC 2007

As Mike suggested, a dual boot system is how I always do it (on my third
OS and have tried three others along the way that I didn't end up
using).  I just keep a 50 gig partition set aside for installing the new
OS and keep the myth recordings directory accessible to both.  Exporting
the recordings table and importing into the new installation's DB takes
a little finesse, but is not hard (be sure to get the recordedseek table
if you want to fast forward in your old recordings).  Once I decide I
like it, I just change the grub default boot image and start using it
all the time.  I use symlinks to folders like ~/.mozilla to keep all the
bookmarks and things syncronized between the multiple OS's.

DaveD