[mythtv-users] OT: Hardware failure

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 01:12:04 UTC 2007

> Some things to try. (just guesses)
> Can you boot off a LiveCD (Fedora Live, Knoppix, ...) into the gui?
> Are you sure you plugged the hard drives in the same ports as they were
> before you "played" with your system? (If it can't find the kernel it
> mite just be looking at the wrong drive)
>
> -matt

Thanks for the thoughts guys.  I reset the BIOS to factory defaults and then
changed the few things I knew I needed back.  No luck.  I also had no luck
booting from the Fedora Live CD.  I'm at  a complete loss here.  Any other
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I can't even find an online
retailer that has any stock of these old socket a mobos for a reasonable
price.  I'm an old PC parts hog, so throwing out my (i think) perfectly fine
athlon 2500 cpu just isn't sitting well right now.