[mythtv-users] Moving recordings between storage directories

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Jul 24 01:19:30 UTC 2007

* On Tue Jul 24, 2007 at 11:20:34AM +1200, Robin Gilks wrote:
> I tried copying a file from the old to the new location, unmounted the old
> location and it just worked!! I didn't realise that the recording was only
> tagged with the storage group and the members of the group are searched
> for the recording in question - I had assumed (wrongly) that the recording
> was tagged with the actual location it was stored in.

You can even move files between storage groups without updating the
database.  If the recording file is not found in the proper Storage Group's
directories, then Myth will look in the Default Storage Group's directories,
and then it will look in all Storage Group directories.  So you can move
files around into any valid directory that is defined in any Storage Group
and Myth will be able to find those files.

--
Chris