[mythtv-users] Nova-T 500 changed

George Hazlewood george at hazlewood.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 14:56:41 UTC 2007

Christian Chambers wrote:
> Has anyone else noticed that recent Nova-t 500 dual tuner cards have
> changed. We have tried using the mythTV wiki instructions for installing
> the card on Ubuntu Fiesty but to no avail.  I can only say, having made
> sure that the card does work (installing on Windows XP with its cd),
> that there has been a change in the card without telling the
> unsuspecting buyer.  Might have something to do with the "Diversity
> option" that seems to be included now.
>
> When installed in Ubuntu Fiesty an lspci tells me that it is a Hauppauge
> card but an unknown device 6800.

I bought the same card last week as part of a new Mythbox I'm building.
  I spent 2 hours assembling and installing Ubuntu and then about 8 over
the weekend trying to get the TV card working according to the same
instructions already mentioned and those on parker1.co.uk and
efficientpc.co.uk.

In one PC I get various 'unknown PCI type 10' (I'm paraphrasing here)
when booting and then can only see the 'unknown device 6800' in lspci.
In another machine with Ubuntu I get no errors on boot but the same in
lspci.

I've tried a new kernel (2.6.21.1) to no avail.  My card is also a
'Diversity' card (which I believe means you can plug two aerials in and
get stronger reception signal).

I guess this is a problem that should be addressed by the linuxtv guys?

If I can help at all with logs or whatnot please let me know.

Cheers

George