[mythtv-users] Using Microsoft Access as a front-end to the MythTV database: HOWTO

Dave Phillips family_of_phillips at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 17:05:51 UTC 2007

Dave Phillips <family_of_phillips at yahoo.com> wrote:    One thing.
  Mind your own business.

Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 7/24/07, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Don't get me wrong it's a great wiki, I am just not sure of the value.
> Also so I was expecting a nice frontend with forms/screens defined for some
> of the more common things, like a guide form, or a recorded programs form,
> maybe some of those great reports you were talking about.
> You know that sort of thing.
>
> You can also access the database files through the webmin interface, which
> is included but not enabled with KnoppMyth.
>
> As well I know you pointed it out but access really sucks in that it does
> just write the changes so it is pretty easy to muck things up.

[rant]
Two things...
1) Quit top posting
and
2) Quit trolling

I'll probably never need to use this particular method to get into the
mythtv database, but I'm happy someone out there contributed something
to the community, even if you think it's lame or stupid. If you don't
like it, don't use it. David S had a need, fulfilled it, then shared
his solution - Thanks David. Then you go and act like it was a stupid
waste of his time, and apparently yours as well because you had to
respond to let the world know how you felt. Then, you complain that
it's not a robust enough solution and that you expect a complete user
interface in Access with nifty graphics and buttons.
[/rant]

Matt

  Sorry for the top posting, aah the joys of using an email client for this type of thing.
  Secondly I wasn't trolling, it was a legitimate question.
  Once David S had confirmed that this was his intention I was simply stating ways I thought it could be improved, as per his post.
  I in no way intended to dimish the value of David S's post and I also commend him for sharing.