[mythtv-users] Merging master backends?

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Tue Jul 24 23:31:27 UTC 2007

Dave

I would like to see the script. It seemed to me that merging was going
to be more complicated than migrating to a new database because of
conflicts in some fields. For example the chanid ssems to be instance
specific even for two masters using the same lineup.

Ken

=====

  Dave Phillips <family_of_phillips at yahoo.com> Wrote

Hi Ken,
   I am in the same situation.
   I haven't seen any detailed steps for it yet.
   But here is what I was going to do when I had the time.
   1. extract(backup) the contents of the recordings database from the
master I am retiring.
   2. copy all of the recordings from the retiring boxes myth/tv
directory to the new single master /myth/tv directory
   3. Import(restore) the contents into the new single masters database
using the script generated in step 1.

   Of course I would do all those things you are supposed to do like
backup the database before, blah blah blah.

   Now I "had" the script to extract what was needed and create a series
of insert statements but I can't find it right now.
   I will post it tonight if I can dig it up.

   Dave

Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
   I have two independent master backends, and I would like to convert one
into a non-master logically merging the contents.

Any pointers on this?