[mythtv-users] Reponding to emails within mythtv-users.....

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Wed Jul 25 00:19:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, July 25, 2007 11:37 am, Daniel Arfsten wrote:
> I am sorry, can anyone explain to me how I respond to a email response
> that
> shows up within the mythtv-users mailroom?

I am not sure what you mean by "mythtv-user mailroom" - this is a mailing
list. When you send a mail to the list address, a copy is sent to every
list member, including you.

To reply to a list message, simply use the reply button in your email
client, and the reply should be addressed to the list address.

A few words of advice:

1. Don't reply direct to the poster unless there is particular reason to
keep it private - the list users and the archives benefit from the answer..

2. Never start a new topic by replying to an existing message and changing
the subjesct line. It mucks up threading - email clients read the header
"InReplyTo" and think you are still on the same subject.

> I had sent an email entitled, "Upcoming Recordings empty after removing
> lineup from zap2it...."
>
> Then someone RE:'d that email. I get emails all the time to this email
> address with many titles in it at once. The RE: was number 16 I think,

Have you subscribed to the digest version? In this case you will get one
email a day with all the list messages for that day. Useful for some
people perhaps, but it drives me batty. If you reply yo one of those you
muck up threading and so on.

If you are having problems keeping track of list mail, use the sorting
feature of your email client to filter list mail to a separate folder.

> anyway, I would just like to thank Robin Hill for suggesting that I should
> re-marry the source with the video input (PVR-350). THank you thank you
> thank you!!! That was it and now my upcoming recordings are all there! You
> tha woman!!!!

Errrr... I think Robin (speeled with an "i" is a guy's name, but no doubt
I will be corrected if I am wrong on this occasion :-)

--
Nick Rout