[mythtv-users] Seeking Advice

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 25 18:02:15 UTC 2007

On 07/25/2007 01:38 PM, Joshua Gottlieb wrote:
> What about  motherboards with built-in nvidia 6100 video?  Would these
> work, or should I just get a dedicated video card?

If the NVIDIA proprietary drivers work for that motherboard's
implementation of the video card, it should work.  (Which is a
not-very-helpful way of saying, once you test the drivers with that
motherboard, you'll know.)  If you really need to know before buying,
you should use Google and search on the motherboard model and include
NVIDIA and Linux and drivers in the search and find someone somewhere
posting details of his/her experience.

Linux hardware compatibility database:  The entire Internet.
Unfortunately, it contains a lot of extra stuff, too, which can make it
hard to find what you need.

Mike