[mythtv-users] Horrible performance fastforwarding HDTV - FIXED

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 25 20:19:21 UTC 2007

On 07/25/2007 04:11 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 7/25/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you have a /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/MythTV/Socket/ directory that
>> contains a file MythTV.pm?  If so, it's from an older install and the
>> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/MythTV/Socket directory (and contents)
>> should be deleted.  It now lives in
>> /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/IO/Socket/INET/MythTV.pm.
>>
> fixed =D actually I just ran a make install from the bindings
> directory from an SVN I downloaded last night and copied the script
> from that SVN's contrib folder and it works now.

Cool.  Even with /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/MythTV/Socket/MythTV.pm
there, you still would have had to have the old
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/MythTV.pm in place to be using it.  So,
although I can't explain why they didn't install properly, the bindings
installed on your system were definitely broken.

Mike