[mythtv-users] Odd: Storage Group is showing two different drives as the same MythTV drive

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 25 20:38:25 UTC 2007

On 07/25/2007 04:24 PM, Robert Kulagowski wrote:
> When I wrote the code that implemented the nfslock.lock file it was to
> ensure that the mythbackend filespace calculator didn't double-include a
> slave backend that had a common NFS share with the master.  It's
> probably possible to create multiple .lock files to indicate if the
> directory is in a storage group?  Anyway...

Yeah, the problem is when you have multiple network shares on the same
drive.   So, you have server:/mythtv/recordings exported and
server:/mythtv/archive exported and both exist on the same drive (or
volume or RAID or whatever).  Your mythtv backend mounts both and places
them into a storage group(s).  Since there's no common directory
available to network clients (only /mythtv is common, but it's not
exported), writing a file to the share won't help determine if they're
on the same disk.  The same issue could occur, but where only / were
common, so forcing the user to export the top-most common directory may
not make sense (you'll /never/ see me export my root :).  When we only
allowed one directory, it worked, but now...

> I'm sure that there was a recording between the two events; I just
> didn't have a chance to monitor that closely.
>
> Architecture is a single backend, 1xHDHR, 3xPVR250s, 2xDViCO FusionHDTV
> 5 Lite and a 3Ware 9500.

32-bit or 64-bit?  (I'm assuming it's i686 or x86_64.)

Mike