[mythtv-users] Broadcast Solution

blackhat at disabledveteran.net blackhat at disabledveteran.net
Thu Jul 26 04:25:16 UTC 2007

First, I apologize if this thread is somewhere else in the forum...

I am trying to find a solution for a Veteran's Hospital to schedule and play videos on an internally broadcast TV channel...I've found a free (closed source) broadcast automation system, but it's difficult to use (and not open source).

Here's how my system is set up...I have WinXP on a Dell GX620 with integrated video (Intel 82945G Express Chipset), and a PCI nVidia GeForce MX 4000 with TV out as a second card. I would like to set up MediaPortal to do the following:

Schedule and Play Videos
Schedule and Show Still Images (with background music)
Schedule and Display Weather Information
Keep the menu, controls, and a preview screen on the integrated video card and pipe the full-screen video/image display to the nVidia display...

For sample functionality, you can look at www.deltatrax.com.

We have a seperate video editing system and a Lacie 1TB NAS for the videos, and all of the broadcast equipment to run 2 more channels.

Can this be done?