[mythtv-users] Broadcast Solution

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 04:40:24 UTC 2007

Firstly, you know this is a MythTV list, not MediaPortal, don't you?

> Schedule and Play Videos
Schedule no. Play yes. MythTV has records on schedule, but playback is
on demand. There might be a way of scheduling by hacking up a script.
Or others might have some more concrete suggestions.

> Schedule and Show Still Images (with background music)
Schedule no. Show still images yes. With background music no.

> Schedule and Display Weather Information
Schedule no. Display yes. I think I'm starting to become uncertain
about what you actually mean by "schedule" here.

> Keep the menu, controls, and a preview screen on the integrated video card and pipe the full-screen video/image display to the nVidia display...
Don't know - but sounds like a dual display type setup to me and I
would have thought this would be possible in some way with X-Windows.