[mythtv-users] Motherboard with AMD 690G / ATI Radeon x1250 - any good for mythtv?

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 06:28:33 UTC 2007

I also have the Biostar ta690g, and I can't even get the Xv extension,
let alone XvMC.  The xorg log actually says Xv is not supported on
AVIVO chipsets.  They make a big deal marketing wise about being
focused on video and then don't support Xv in the driver... go
figure...

If anybody has succeeded in getting Xv, I would be extremely glad to
hear how, otherwise I'm going to have to do the same thing - get
another video card and hope the drivers catch up to support Xv on the
ATI "some day".  (And hopefully if I disable the onboard video in the
BIOS it won't take much power.  Hate to have it sitting there getting
hot for nothing.)  I also have a 4600+ on that board which ought to be
fast enough to do without XvMC.  (This is the third system which I've
built with intentions to get MythTV working, and still no HD...
sigh...)