[mythtv-users] Cheap X2's at newegg.

Steve MacLaren scram69 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:52:33 UTC 2007

On 7/26/07, Jarom McDonald <jarom_mcdonald at byu.edu> wrote:

> When you go to newegg and find the X2 3800+, one of the possibilities
> will be to do a CPU/motherboard combo, in which newegg will recommend 2
> or 3 compatible motherboards they have in stock (and give you a package
> discount).
>
> Jarom McDonald
>

> A word of warning on Newegg's combo deals:  in the fine print you will
read that Newegg is not responsible for ensuring compatibility between items
in a combo deal.

"But who in their right minds would sell you a mobo/cpu combo that isn't
compatible?"

Newegg.

I purchased an X2 3600+/DFI combo deal that wouldn't post.  The BIOS on the
mobo didn't recognize the cpu architecture.  I was very fortunate that DFI
USA agreed to send me a replacement BIOS chip at no cost that I was able to
insert and get the machine running...

--
"It's easy enough to name those who would piss themselves with joy over the