[mythtv-users] Random mythbackend exits

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jul 27 03:32:17 UTC 2007

Phil Figgins wrote:

> My current "fix" when the wife & kids say "the tv's broke again" is to fire
> up TeraTerm and run "/etc/init.d/mythbackend restart". The stop of the
> mythbackend service fails each time since it's already dead.

I can't help you with the random backend crashes (I've got a similar problem,
and haven't been able to track it down either).  But I suggest installing monit
to restart the backend when it crashes.  See

    http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/StatusMonitoringHowTo

--
Peter Schachte              Politicians are the same all over. They promise
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        to build a bridge even where there is no river.