[mythtv-users] Myth on AppleTV

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 11:44:36 UTC 2007

On 7/27/07, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I caught a vidoe on youtube that has Myth running as some kind of
> plug-in so the wiki must be a different process since it would boot
> directly into Myth and not AppleTV?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHP0Llu1AH0

Wow!  I didn't know it was that far along.  I love my Xbox because it
is nothing more than a mythTV FE.  It is literally a mythTV consumer
appliance (except when I break it some how).  I do find it is getting
a little sluggish though and would love the extra ooomph that an
appleTV could give me.

The problem with what is shown in that video clip though is that you
have to do some 'work' between switching the appleTV on and getting to
the mythTV interface.  I would be satisfied if I could automate that
somehow, but I am thinking not.

Also, would it be required to have another apple box to setup the
appleTV like that (as is stated in the wiki for the other method of
setup)?  I only have non-apple hardware so would stumble at any setup
step that requires an OSX machine or similar.

Good to see the progress in that area though.

Cheers,
Whytey