[mythtv-users] Any way to record ABC's new HD stream?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jul 27 17:46:30 UTC 2007

On Jul 27, 2007, at 10:16 AM, Michael Tiller wrote:

> I saw in this article that ABC has a beta of HD streaming going
> on.  Any thoughts on how to record such programs?  I know that
> MythTV is built primarily around "normal" TV programming but it
> seems like there are whole avenues (streamed content, IPTV,
> YouTube, video blogs) that would be very cool to integrate into
> MythTV.  Anybody looked into this?  Just curious.

I just tried watching something. It *seems* like it will insert a
commercial every x minutes of viewing, no matter what you're doing. I
guess it's ABC's way of enforcing watching commercials. They're not
embedded in the stream so you can't timeshift past them. Luckily,
there's nothing on ABC that is of interest to me so I don't have to
bother watching. :)