[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 5500 QAM & NTSC

Mike Rosack mrosack at sacknet.org
Sat Jul 28 02:57:18 UTC 2007

I just bought a HDHomerun to replace my pcHDTV 5500 cards, but I
decided to keep one in my box to record some unencrypted QAM channels
and analog cable.  Everything's working great, except when I change
from a QAM channel to an NTSC channel in Live TV mode I get an awful
static noise and a black screen with colored lines going across.  If I
then change to another NTSC channel everything is fine.

I do have "Open DVB card on demand" set, and the suggested patches for
sound/dma issues applied to the cx88_alsa driver.  It seems like I'm
just not giving my card enough time to get into NTSC mode - is there
anywhere I can set a channel change pause?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike Rosack